GLYS Services and LGBTQ+ Cultural Competency Trainings
If you are interested in more specialized training for your school/organization, or have questions about our LGBTQ+ Issues and Concerns or LGBTQ+ Cultural Humility Trainings, please contact us using this form
The base rate for our trainings is $200 per hour.
GLYS is happy to provide these trainings on site at your school/organization! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Safe Space Training
GLYS WNY, as a subchapter of GLSEN, provides their Safe Space training to help educators create a safe space for LGBTQ+ young people in schools by teaching them:
- What is a safe space?
- How to be a good ally
- Gender Identity vs Gender Expression
- The dos and don'ts of allyship
- How to properly use someone’s preferred pronouns
- How to educate about anti-LGBTQ+ bias
- Measures you can advocate for in your school
*please note: this training meets NYS requirements for staff training under the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)*