Gender & Sexuality Alliance
Please watch this space for information on our Conference!
When: Thursday, March 19, 2020 (Northern Tier), -OR- 26th (Southern Tier) 4:30--8 pm
Where: West Seneca East High School (19th) -OR- Fredonia High School (26th)
Basic components and order of Conference:
Buses and transportation arrives anywhere from 3:30 or so to 4 (give or take)
Students and adults report to the cafeteria where there will be delicious FOOD! Visit the agency and vendor tables in the cafeteria at this time!
Report to the General Session (Aud or Gym depending on site)
Individual Session I
Individual Session 2
Closing General Session
Registration is open NOW, but here are some things to think about:
1. Conference size is limited, so each GSA may bring only about 6 students per advisor of the GSA (e.g. if you have 3 advisors you may bring 18 students).
2. For a list of current workshops CLICK HERE (Warning: It's early, this list may change, but it will give you an idea). This information sheet for GSA Advisors about the conference is still pretty applicable so CLICK HERE for some reminders!
3. Register by clicking our registration form here: REGISTRATION FORM. This form can be edited and you may update your information later as well, BUT YOU MUST BOOKMARK THE "EDIT YOUR RESPONSE LINK" YOU WILL NEED TO CLICK ON FROM THE RESPONSE FORM YOU RECEIVE ACKNOWLEDGING SUBMISSION OF THE REGISTRATION FORM! PLEASE ALSO NOTE: Only GSA Advisors may register. If you are a student, please let your Advisor know about this page!
4. This year The Henchbarger Award Nominations earned by a GSA advisor and nominated by their students will accept nominations at the conference. This award is presented at the annual Gayla in October). GLYS will develop a form for youth to nominate. It will include their name, grade level, age, and school name (for demographic info). The flip side of the form will encourage youth to visit the community organization tables. Each youth who goes to at least 8 of 10 tabling organizations will be eligible for a door prize. GLYS will provide each tabling organization with a bingo marker to show when youth have been to their table.
5. Focus Groups to Evaluate Conference.
GLYS will email advisors with feedback questions and a suggested process so that advisors can provide an evaluation of the conference at their next GSA meeting and provide GLYS with youth feedback. GLYS will also post on-line. Advisors will email to GLYS within two weeks of the conference.
Questions? Please email Sue Tournour at email@example.com or call 716-855-0221