The Drop-In Center is open to WNY youth ages 14-21 who identify
as lesbian, gay, bi, trans, questioning or are allies.
During the school year (September-June) it is open Monday-Thursday
from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m.
During July and August the Center is open Tuesdays and Thursdays
from noon to 5:00 p.m. – but stay tuned as this could change in 2013!
Want to become a GLYS member?! Just show up!
There is a buzzer in the entrance way (under the blue-green awning)
with a rainbow sticker – that’s us.
There is no cost to participate.
When you come to the Center for the first time
you’ll be asked to complete a short intake form.
You can download the monthly calendar from the homepage.
The first time you visit the Center, if your parent, guardian, social worker or counselor they are welcome to come in with you to tour the Center – IF they are LGBT friendly!
Some regular activities that take place at the Center include:
• our Trans Group meets the first Thursday of the month at 4:30.
• Writer-in-Residence Sherry Robbins visits 2X a month.
• “thuRsdays R for Relationships” – same sex couple visit to share possibilities
as well as the realities of r’ships!
• “Careers R Us” – meet LGBT adults in a wide range of jobs and careers.
• MOCs or “Mentors of Color Roundtable” – LGBT individuals or allies of our communities of color share their experiences.